Welcome to the Toddler Cricket classroom at Greater Quincy Child Care Center. In this age group we see the children’s vocabulary and self-help skills grow immensely. We foster independence and encourage a language rich environment. View our Cricket Newsletter
Communication with Parents:
The teachers are available during child’s arrival to speak briefly with the parents. We encourage phone calls during rest time to have more in depth conversations.
- Monthly newsletter detail curriculum and classroom updates
- We use a dry erase board outside the classroom for notices
- Parent board has our weekly lesson plans, menu and newsletter
- We encourage phone calls during rest time between 1:00 and 2:30
- Written Developmental Assessments are completed every six months, and parent-teacher conferences are encouraged at least once a year.
- Text alerts for upcoming events
- Full healthy and nutritional meal program
- Music Enrichment program
- Large Motor Enrichment program
- 3 Full time teachers with 9 children daily
- In house field trips (Barn Babies, Safety Day)
Curriculum and Child Development:
Hands on activities are critical to a child’s development at this age. They provide a lot of visual, auditory and tactile stimulation which is important in a child’s world of discovery.
- Art activities to help develop fine motor skills and eye-hand coordination
- Shaving cream, play dough, sand and rice offer sensory input
- Our classroom climber helps develop muscle balance, stability and coordination
- Pictures of toy placement on shelves aid in self help skills at clean up time