Welcome to our Infant Program! Greater Quincy Child Care Center offers a warm, secure, nurturing environment for your infant throughout the day. We encourage our parents to come in and share ideas and activities, such as songs, books, toys, etc. View our Infant Newsletter
Communication with Parents:
We use a journal to keep parents informed about their child’s day. Teachers record feeding, diapering and sleeping information. Parents can bring this journal home to read and update the staff on any relevant changes at home.
- Secure and loving environment for children to grow
- 7 babies with 3 full time teachers
- Supportive, open relationships with our parents
- Experiences to help develop a strong self-worth
- Developmentally appropriate environment that challenges individual growth
- Adjusted curriculum to incorporate every age in the classroom.
Curriculum and Child Development:
The infant curriculum is based on meeting the individual needs of every child through individual and group experiences. Infant curriculum is a mix of care and education.
- Infants learn through love and security.
- Responsible and loving certified Teachers help infants develop a healthy relationship with people outside their families.
- Eating is a social time for relaxed interaction between the infant and the teacher; as well as nursery friends.
- Belly time for the young infant is a vital step toward crawling and exploring.
- Independent feeding works on eye-hand coordination as well as fine motor development.
- Encouraging independence with role models at meals.